Spanish Translation Excellence
You may have tried the rest. Now try the best.
Whatever your product or service, targeting 400 million Spanish speakers worldwide and 34 million in the US alone is a near necessity… and can help your bottom line.
- What revenue are you losing by not targeting US Latinos?
- What revenue can you gain by targeting Latin America and Spain?
Auerbach International provides the language edge that your company requires to differentiate itself from the rest — whether from English to Spanish or Spanish to English. Since the language reflects your image, why settle for anything less than the best?
Spanish for where?
Spanish has two primary blocs: Latin American and European (Castilian). While technical terminology is usually the same across countries, daily-life vocabulary differs dramatically. For example, a tambo is a type of basket to transport liquids in Mexico and El Salvador, a type of shelter in Peru, and a whorehouse in Argentina. For other differences, please click here.
Spanish: Differences in Usage
- Some idioms such as “to have a good time” have different genders: masculine in Spain (“pasarlo bien”) and feminine in Latin America (“pasarla bien”). Gender differences also extend to nouns such as the masculine “el Internet” in Spain and “la Internet” in Latin America.
- Latin America prefers the simple preterit tense, “Hoy me levanté a las 6″, whereas Spain employs the compound preterit, “Hoy me he levantado a las 6.” Both have the exact same meaning: “Today I woke up at 6.”
- Some terms such as “pararse” (“to stand”) deemed acceptable in Latin America are considered archaic in Spain, which uses “ponerse de pie”.
- Latin American Spanish permits more English and foreign influences in its vocabulary than European Spanish.
- In Spain, <<these quotation marks are used>>, whereas Latin America uses “these” or ‘these ‘. Despite these differences, their usage is exactly the same across continents.
- Argentina is known for using the pronoun “vos” instead of “tu” for “you.” This is critical when targeting specific Latin American countries but not if you are targeting a generalized Latin American population in the United States.
Whether your file is aimed at teenagers in Puerto Rico, business execs in Mexico or nurses in Argentina, Auerbach International employs the professional resources to tailor your message to your audience.
Fastest Deliveries Humanly Possible… and Discounts
Over 20 years ago, Auerbach International pioneered and perfected the art of fastest deliveries… without jeopardizing the quality or meaning. Companies worldwide rely on us when their deadlines are tight and millions of dollars are at stake. That’s why we offer five levels of service. And we have achieved many miracle deliveries which other agencies thought impossible… as shown in our Success Stories.
We use the latest Translation Memory tools to capture your preferred terminology and cycle those approved terms again on future projects. Not only do your projects maintain consistency but you also benefit from discounts on repeated text.
Our Process and Commitment to Quality
To maintain familiarity with your vocabulary, for all your projects we strive to use the same linguist teams — accredited and experienced native linguists who are also experts in your industry terminology. Plus, your professional-level projects go through at least three phases:
- the initial translation by a native professional linguist specialized in your subject terminology;
- QA review by a second professional translator; and
- final proofing for spelling, punctuation, grammar and formatting
−all to ensure that you get a result that has been translated and reviewed by the best.
Need Desktop Publishing for your brochures, manuals or graphics? Our professional layout teams work into all programs and can even make your English template accommodate the 20% more words that Spanish usually requires. After layout, we do another proofing to ensure that the final product is perfect.
Award-winning Client Satisfaction
Auerbach International remains the only language agency in all North America to be three-time winners of the independent ValueStar award for client satisfaction. Over 100 clients were independently interviewed each year. The results? We received an over 95% approval rating each time.
We enjoy talking to you, and are totally committed to personal attention and service. We confirm receipt of your projects rapidly, and we will never grow too big to ignore individual needs and personal requests. We like to treat your project as importantly as you do. Click to find more parts of the Auerbach Advantage.
Cultural Assessments to Ensure Success
If your timeframe permits, our global marketing teams review your English text to see whether its appeals for the Anglo market work equally well for your target Spanish market. For example, are you emphasizing cost savings when your Spanish audience values more highly your product’s impact on the family? If so, we could rewrite your text in English first before it is translated. We can certainly render your stated concepts in Spanish. But if those concepts do not appeal to a Spanish audience, more than the meaning will get lost in translation.
For some of the Industries we have served, please click here.
Spanish: Industries we’ve served
Over 20+ years, industries for which we have translated or interpreted include:
- International trade
- Consumer products
- Healthcare / Medical/ Pharmaceuticals
- Pumps, Engineering and Construction
- HR, contracts and employee benefits
- Food and wine
- Green technologies
- Law (patents, contracts, depositions, intellectual property)
- Automotive engineering
- and more.
For examples of our Spanish projects, click here.
Spanish: Sample Projects
- Advertising copy for consumer-products companies such as Rubbermaid
- Voiceovers and Flash files for Microsoft
- Explanations of the US healthcare system for employees nationwide
- Interpretations at CEO-staff meetings at branch offices nationwide
- Depositions and court-certified interpretations for attorneys
- Operation manuals for international engineering companies
- User manuals for global computer companies
- Multilingual desktop publishing (layout) for thousands of brochures
- Software strings for computer Help sites
- Software programs to teach reading to primary school students
- Directions for Use for global dental and healthcare companies
- PowerPoint presentations for computer companies
- Installation instructions for automotive parts manufacturers
- Flyers and public notices for the San Francisco police department
- Personal and academic documents for thousands of immigrants and law firms
- Website localizations for global pharmaceutical firms such as Lilly
- Signs and maps for museums
- Advertising copy for Walgreens in-house pharmacies
- Garage-door catalogs for Home Depot
- And lots more.
Whatever your business, your industry or your size, we look forward to serving you.
Submit your project for a free quote or implementation
Learn about our translators’ qualifications
Learn about Spanish interpreting
Learn about Spanish website localization
Learn about interviews and surveys in Spanish
Learn about our Healthcare expertise
Learn about our HR expertise